Summer is surely here now. After rain and wind pretty much all day everyday around 2 weeks ago, but since last week, the weather was getting better. Bright and clean sky. And just enough wind. Perfect.
My husband and oldest daughter are going to a theme park today. I really want to come along too of course, but unfortunately it’s a bit chilly even though the sun shines brightly. And I don’t want my baby daughter to get sick from staying out all day. So I decided to stay home with her. Watching one of my favourite Korean Show while organizing my blog and some other stuffs.
Today I want to share chocolate mousse. I know I’ve made this before and serve it in chocolate cups and also made the pie version, and in fact, it’s the same recipe again. Only served it in a different way.
I had 2 pieces of brownies that won’t be enough for dessert for me, husband and my daughter. So I tried to make the most of it by adding some chocolate mousse. I crushed the brownies and made them as the base and topping for my chocolate mousse. But you can skip it and just go with the mousse (my husband prefers it that way, nice and smooth mousse he said :P).
- 2 egg yolks
- 130g dark chocolate, melted
- 2 tbsp icing cugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp water
- 1 cup cream, soft peak
- 2 pieces of brownies (crushed) *optional
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped (for topping) *optional
- Prepare a small pot with some water for bain marie method we’re going to use to “cook” the yolks. Heat it over a low-medium heat.
- In a bowl that slightly bigger than the pot, put egg yolks, icing sugar and water together. Whisk them together.
- Place the bowl over the pot (try not to touch the bottom of the bowl with the water) while keep whisking the yolk until it turns pale and thick. Take off from the heat. Set aside to cool down.
- Meanwhile, place the brownies crumbs into the serving glass / bowl. Set aside.
- Take the bowl with yolk mixture in it, pour melted chocolate into it. Mix well. (the mixture will be very thick by now).
- Take a little bit of cream and mix with the chocolate-yolk mixture. Mix well.
- Once the chocolate is incorporated well with the cream, pour the rest of the cream and mix well again.
- Pour the mousse into the serving glass / bowl. Top it with whipped cream and the rest of the brownie crumbs.
- Let them rest in the fridge at least 2 hours to set.
If you’re a Muslim, I want to say happy fasting to you all. Eat proper food, fruits and veggies and drink a lot of fluid before sunrise to keep you strong 🙂 My family also preparing for a long hour fast again this year. But not to worry, we’ve done this long hours last year and year before that. Hopefully we can all say hi to Eid again this year 🙂