Just a short post today. I’m sure most of you know how to make pizza already. I have a few recipes in this blog too. But I think I always make them with thin crust. So this time I’m sharing a thick crust one.
Actually this type of pizza is more common in Indonesia compare to thin crust. I think one of my high school friend who owns a bakery now ever told me that he tried to sell thin crust pizza (yes, bakery sells mini pizza like this with only sausage and ketchup or something as the toppings, I’m not sure) and the customers were like “what happened to the bread? why is it so thin?” 😀 and since then he never sells thin crust pizza anymore.
Maybe it’s my Asian tongue or I don’t know but I prefers thick crust too. And after looking at some thick crust pizza sold by some of my friends (some of my high school friends have their own business now), I felt like making one too. So here they are. You can use any toppings you want. But here I only have tomato sauce as the base, sausage, mushrooms, paprika, onion and pickle mixed (chopped onions and pickles and stir fry until the onion is soft) and cheese.
Thick Crust Pizza
- 300g plain flour
- 30g caster sugar
- 40g butter, cut into cubes
- 5g dry yeast
- 1 egg
- 125ml milk
- 40ml warm water
- Put all the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix and knead until the dough is nice and stretchy. Let it rest for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile you can prepare the toppings of your choice. Set aside all the prepared toppings.
- Divide the dough into 8 parts. Flatten it so it has around 16cm in diameter. Put all the toppings on to the dough.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Bake the pizza for around 10-15 minutes (bake the one you’ve done first).