This is my first post for this week and also the first for this year. In this chance, I also want to say HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU!
Today I have macaroni casserole, or in Indonesia its common name is macaroni schotel. The word schotel borrowed from Dutch language. Usually we add corned beef, smoked beef, chicken or sausages in it. The rest are pretty much the same like other casserole. But nowadays, this casserole has been Indonesianized to suit Indonesian’s taste by adding tofu.
No worries though, I didn’t put any tofu here, because I love husband a lot and he’s not a big fan of tofu.
forgot to write didn’t know the exact measurements for this recipe. I usually just add the ingredients by feeling (sounds advanced right?) But of course it doesn’t work all the time :D
- 4 cups cooked macaroni
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml cream
- 100 ml milk
- chorizo / smoked beef / corned beef
- red paprika, sliced
- button mushroom, sliced
- 1/2 medium size onion, finely chopped
- grated cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- In a hot pan, add 2 tbsp oil, saute onion for 1 minute.
- Add chorizo, saute for 1 more minute then add sliced mushroom and paprika. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, cream, milk, salt and pepper until combined.
- Add in cooked macaroni and sauted ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into baking pan or oven proof dish. Sprinkle grated cheddar on top.
- Bake at 180 for 15 minutes. Take a piece of aluminium foil, and place it on top of the casserole (not wrap it tightly, just to cover the cheese from burning) then bake some more for another 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve with salad of your choice.